- Assist in delivering scholarship programmes that meet the Trust’s objectives.
- Assist with interviewing and selection of scholarship candidates for undergraduate and postgraduate study in South Africa, UK, Ireland, and Malawi.
- Provide pastoral support to individual scholars as the need arises, including scholars in Southern Africa and in the UK.
- Provide administrative support, including responding to email and telephone queries from scholars, alumni and prospective applicants.
- Maintain all scholars’ records on the database and Canon Collins internal server.
- Assist the Scholarships Manager with processing scholars’ progress reports, registrations and payments. In the absence of the Scholarships Manager, authorise payments to or for scholars, ensuring that all records are kept up to date.
- In conjunction with the Scholarships manager oversee the collection and dissemination of routine monitoring reports and surveys relevant to assessing the impact of the scholarship programmes.
- Analyse scholars’ reports and survey responses and produce high quality visually engaging reports for donors and the team.
- Maintain and regularly update scholarships pages on our website.
- In conjunction with the Scholarships Manager, organise student functions in the UK and South Africa, this includes the annual Scholars’ Conference in South Africa
- Provide assistance and tech support with online events.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the organisation through involvement in general administration, participation in the CCT strategic planning process, and assisting with CCT events and activities.
- Deputise for the scholarships manager as required.
- Undertake any other tasks that the Scholarships Manager or Executive Director may reasonably ask.